Friday, January 09, 2009

Maximum Results

So... If you've even read one post on this blog, you are well aware that I am a huge fan of Turbo Jam. I cannot say enough positive things about it. Chalene Johnson's workouts are intense and produce results.

I purchased Turbo Jam in 2006 after watching an infomercial and have been using it ever since. In 2007, somewhat bored with the current routine of 5 workouts (of which I did 3 on a regular basis), I ordered Turbo Jam "Maximum Results." And it kicked my ass. I thought it was so hard, that I really only utilized two of the workouts (Fat Blaster and Totally Tubular Turbo). Then I got a gym membership for my birthday last year and really stopped the Turbo.

Fast forward to about a month ago. I did the unthinkable and loaned out my original Turbo Jam workouts to a neighbor. She still has them. And I'm going to Mexico in 7 weeks. I used the whole "I only have Maximum Results and I hate it" bit as an excuse to not get off my ass and work out, until I could no longer ignore the "squishyness" of my body.*

*Cue my friends who will immediately jump in and say, "You're not fat!" Duh. I know that I'm a healthy weight. But all that lovely muscle and those flat-ish abs have gone away in a whirlwind of TV-watching, chip and queso-eating, fast food and holiday binge.

Tuesday, I finally got my lazy butt off the couch and popped in Fat Blaster. 30 minutes later, I was drenched in sweat, breathing laboriously, and generally feeling like I was going to die. Wednesday, I pulled out "Cardio Party, Mix 3," my nemesis. The workout that I couldn't get even 1/3 of the way through the first three times I attempted. 50 minutes later, my legs were shaking like they were made of jello and my hip flexor and oblique muscles burned... In a good way. Even better? The feeling of accomplishment I felt in that I had done every rep, every exercise, every minute of the workout! For the first time EVER! Thursday, though? I was hurting. But I sucked it up and did the Totally Tubular Turbo (this is a 30-minute resistance band routine for muscle/strength/toning). It wasn't as intense of a cardio workout, but it worked all my muscles.

Hooray! I'm feeling the pain today, and I won't workout today. But I have got to keep up with the workouts because I WILL once again rock the Riviera Maya!

No comments: