Friday, September 28, 2007

Skinny B!tch

So, I've heard a lot about this book in recent weeks.
My husband even picked it up and read the intro and thought it was funny. It has been on my "must read" list for at least two weeks, too.
Last weekend, I paid a visit to my hairdresser. He had it on his counter and I picked it up and started reading. Yes, these girls are funny, witty, skinny, and make some excellent points.
Sadly, this diet will NEVER work for me for the following reasons:
  • It asks me to give up over the counter medicine for colds, etc.
  • It asks me to give up caffeine.
  • It asks me to give up diet drinks.
  • It asks me to give up all alcohol except for organic red wine.
  • It asks me to give up all artificial sweeteners.
  • It asks me to give up sugar.
  • It asks me to give up all meat (beef, poultry, fish, pork).
  • It asks me to give up eggs.
  • It asks me to give up dairy.
  • It tells me that the only places I can find what I need are over-priced markets such as Whole Foods and Sun Harvest.
  • It tells me I have to be a vegan to be a skinny bitch.

Sadly, this diet is unrealistic for me in so many ways. I will just have to go back to eating a balanced diet with a focus on eliminating junk food and adding more veggies, fruit, and lean protein into my diet.

2 comments:

emily said...

I saw a lady on Oprah last year who swore by the "French Women Don't Get Fat" way of life. She showed what she ate for lunch. It was sliced tomatoes and some kind of cheese on top. And that's it. Oh, and a big ol' glass of wine.

So what I'm thinking is, if I drink enough, then I'm not as hungry? It sounds like a good plan except for well, driving.

Mrs Pop said...

LOL! I have that book on my "must get" list. I've heard that there are recipes to die for and really? Any diet that includes wine can't be all bad.*

*With the exception of Skinny Bitch. It allows wine, but only certified organic red wine. Ugh!