Thursday, October 18, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again...

...Out where a friend is a friend... Sorry. Got carried away with the song. :)



They say that it can take anywhere between two weeks and two months to create a good habit and I say it takes just one day to break it. As I documented very well on these pages, I started the very good habit of eating well and getting exercise back in the spring. And with one walk through the sliding doors of the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport last May 25th, I broke with all the good I'd accomplished.



Here I sit in the middle of October and I'm disgusted with myself. I fully believe that it is perfectly okay to cheat on a diet. You should not deny yourself the treats you love as long as you enjoy them in moderation. I just wish I'd followed my advice more carefully and precisely. Instead, for the past almost five months, I've been more sporadic in working out and eating well than I have been in indulging my bad habits.



Until this past week. I'm far from perfect, and I have a love of eating bad things, but I worked out three days. On Friday, I got my cholesterol test back and for the first time since I'd started getting tested, I'm below 200! Well below 200 with no medication. I realize I have to keep it up and I'll admit that I didn't do so well so far today, but I'm proud of myself.

No comments: