Monday, March 31, 2008

Still the One

More than the gym, more than the free weights, more than the ipod and neighborhood running path, Chalene is the one who gives me results.

I did Turbo Sculpt twice last week (once all the way through and once for 20 minutes after a 30 minute run). For the first time in quite some time, I see some results.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy going to the gym and using those machines. I completely see and recognize the value and I do not intend to stop.

But for a good, fat-burning, cardio blasting, make-you-sweat workout, give me Fat Blaster, Cardio Party Mix 1, and Turbo Sculpt!

I've hit this wall and I am getting a little discouraged. It seems that no matter what I do or what I eat, I am stuck. I keep comparing my body this year to my body last year, and frankly, this year's isn't adding up. It's like I'm the poster child for the reason you DON'T stop working out! I have 53 days to whip myself into shape and looking at it from that perspective, I don't have enough time!

Of course, looking at it from the other side, my vacation cannot come soon enough, but that's another story for another blog.

Here's the past week in review:
Monday -- 3/24 -- Ate reasonably well. Drank sludge. Went to gym.
Tuesday -- 3/25 -- Ate reasonably well. Drank sludge. Did Turbo Sculpt (entire thing!).
Wednesday -- 3/26 -- Ate reasonably well. Drank sludge. Walked to park, played at park, walked back with son. Spent 4.5 hours in the AM at the emergency room with Dr Pop. Long story.
Thursday -- 3/27 -- Ate reasonably well. Drank sludge. Did not work out as spent entirely too much time at office of orthopedic surgeon (another long story).
Friday -- 3/28 -- Ate like a pig. Drank sludge. Did not work out as was too lazy.
Saturday -- 3/29 -- Ate reasonably well. Drank sludge. Snacked a bit too much. Went on aforementioned 30 minute run in neighborhood and 20-minutes of Turbo Sculpt.
Sunday -- 3/30 -- Ate like a pig. Did not drink sludge. Did not work out.

Monday -- 3/31 (so far) -- Got on scale and had gained 4 pounds since Thursday. Depressed. Eating reasonably well so far. Drank sludge. Have plans to go to gym with gimpy husband.

No comments: