Thursday, March 06, 2008

Gym Update (and general update)... A "State of the Process" if you will...

I haven't yet gotten into the routine I was in last spring, leading up to my Mexico trip, but I'm *this* close...

Last week, I only worked out two days (Tuesday and Saturday). There was simply too much life going on around me, you know, it being my birthday and anniversary week and all...

Dr Pop and I gathered up our boy and went to the gym Monday and I ran! Two whole miles! Non-stop! On the treadmill...

So, um, yeah, running on the treadmill is slightly easier than running through my neighborhood, it would seem. Who knew? Of course, I didn't run on an incline at the gym, so that might have something to do with it.

I also made some decent food choices even though we spent a lot of time in restaurants over the end of the week and through the weekend. Lots of salads and seafood and wraps. I'm sure the butter I drowned my crab claws and crab legs in wasn't that healthy, but Hello? special occasion, who cares? ;-)

Yesterday, I met with a trainer for my "free introductory session" which was really "we'll tell you stuff you already know, make you laugh, and try to get you to sign up to pay $35 an hour for more of our services." I did enjoy it, but it took forever! They showed me how to use some scary-looking machines and I worked my back, arms, shoulders, and abs. I'm feeling it somewhat today, but I'm a "Day 2" soreness person, so I fully expect to not be able to move tomorrow.

I enjoyed the trainers that I worked with, but I don't think I'll be signing up for any further sessions. The truth is, I know what I need to do. I know how long I need to do it. I know what my nutrition needs to be. I know I need to steer clear of fast food, salt, sweets, and junk food. Duh. And having a person call me and get on my ass about what I'm eating and how much I'm exercising seems a bit extreme. I have one of those living with me already. Hi Honey!

For now, I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, incorporate some of the moves they taught me yesterday, use my DVDs every now and then, and just make healthy food choices.*

*This includes the green sludge that I can only seem to manage to drink for a week at a time.

No comments: