Tuesday, March 25, 2008

You Really CAN'T Go Home Again! And Better Sludge!

Not if you're trying to be healthy, that is!

This past weekend, we traveled to my hometown for Easter. I ate like a pig! Thanks Mom for making those cupcakes and cookies and then holding me down and forcing me to eat them (no, not really, but I did eat too much)! Oh well.

I have some sludge news!!!

I have been using Greens Plus (http://www.greensplus.com/) because it is available at my local vitamin store. The taste has been completely gag-inducing, but the powder was very convenient. Well. My parents decided to try the other recommended product, Greens First (www.doctorsfornutrition.com) and they bought an extra can for me.

WOW! All I can say is WOW! It tastes good! You read that correctly. It tastes good. Sort of sweet and minty. So for the past two mornings, before I leave for work, I mix a scoop of the powder with three teaspoons of Benefiber and 4 ounces of water, drink it, then chase it with another glass of water and I feel terriffic!

I'm not putting in the spirulina powder because it just tastes like skanky pond scummy water (or how I imagine skanky pond scummy water would taste) and instead I'm taking spirulina tablets with my vitamins.

I have an amazing amount of energy!

Even though I did not eat well over the weekend, I did manage to get a three mile run/walk in on Saturday morning. My mom and dad were impressed with my ability to do that!

Last week was pretty terrible as far as working out goes. I worked out Monday and Tuesday, Boy Pop was sick on Wednesday, and we went to the carnival (for a second time) on Thursday. Friday was spent trying to get out of town and actually driving 3.5 hours.

I have a ton of pictures from the weekend that I'm going to post on my main blog and some shopping news, too.

We leave for Mexico in under two months and Dr Pop and I are stepping up our efforts to get into swimsuit shape. We went to the gym yesterday for an hour. I'm buying protein bars and eating lots of fruit and salad and lean protein and whole grains.

If I could only get rid of my bloat...

No comments: