Tuesday, April 17, 2007

And with a single-minded determination...

I have turned working out into a habit. Hooray!

Now, I just have to find the time and inclination to work out while my parents are here. It's so easy to fall into the trap of eating all the time and sitting on the couch when they are around. I will just have to force the issue. I have one month and one week until I leave for my trip. I plan to be cut. up. before then.

And I'm on a new calorie-counting kick. I am not sure if this is a good thing or not, though, because I am becoming slightly obsessed with tracking every molecule of food. Hmmm...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I relate completely. It's so easy to break routine when company comes around. When my in-laws visit, I end up doing it really late at night. Oh, and yes the calorie counting is a bit dangerous. I tend to look at each thing I'm going to eat and say "Do I really need this- it's ___ calories." I'm leaning heavily on fruits right now.

Mrs Pop said...

I think the calorie-counting is a fine line to walk. On the one hand, it is really good to know what you are eating. On the other? Well, I can see how one can become obsessed with that final tally at the end of the day and wanting it to be lower and lower... I think that the average person with very low to moderate physical activity needs to eat around 2000 calories per day to maintain their current weight and if you go too low, then your body shuts down... Urgh! Sometimes you just NEED that Big Mac! I swear it!

Pitter Patterson said...

Never in my life have I been a calorie-counter until i discovered sparkpeople.com. I have found it so interesting to see how i feel/function on different levels of calorie intake. The hard part is that exercising makes me want to eat like 3000/cal/day. New subject: have yall tried Naked smoothies?? TO.DIE.FOR.GOOD. Just don't look at the cal count.

Violet said...

YAY!! Good job!