Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Focus

Last spring I was focused on dropping a few pounds and toning my body...

This time around, I'm less-focused on the weight aspect of things. My goal is overall health and fitness.

That being said, I'm working very hard to cut junk out of my diet. I see these questionaires asking if I prefer sweet or salty snacks, and my answer is always "YES!"

I love McDonald's and enchiladas and salty potato chips with green onion dip the same way I love chocolate cake, cookies, and candy. I really don't favor one over the other. That is what makes this, this lifestyle change so damn difficult. I have to give up literally everything that I adore in order to make the healthy choices.

And don't try to appease me with those 100-calorie packs of all my favorite things. I've tried 'em. They give a taste of the goodness and leave me wanting more. ARGH!

Oh well. I'm working now on finding new ways to make my old favorites. I am not going to give up my vices completely. That only leads to utter failure (see my tragic downfall last summer where I ate salads and soups and greens for two and a half months straight and then the moment I started my vacation, I loaded up on pizza, hamburgers, and very fattening food choices).

If anyone has any ideas for making pizza healthy, I'd love to hear them!

Meanwhile, I WILL work out. I WILL eat the right foods. I WILL drink this damn green sludge.

No comments: