Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Gym

So. Dr Pop gave me an early birthday present, namely, a membership to a nearby gym.

I'm very excited about it, actually. I've been a member of my work gym for almost two years and have only gone about three times. I know that this stat does not bode well for my new membership, but I have compiled a list of reasons why the new gym will be better:
  • It is not at work
  • They have a children's area
  • Dr Pop and I can work out together, which has been a goal of mine
  • Cool classes that I can take on the weekend that are not offered by the work gym **I hope**
  • Lots of cool equipment for me to try without being intimidated by the whole, I'm at work thing
  • Personal trainer

But there are also a few cons about going to the gym, even if it is nearby...

  • Drive time
  • It's easier to pop in a DVD or go outside and run
  • I'm fairly lazy

I think, though, in the long run, I'll have Dr Pop riding my ass enough that I won't be able to help but get my buns over to the pretty new gym and use the equipment there.

Wish me luck!

Oh, and this week will be light on the exersize, I'm afraid... I didn't work out yesterday as I was too busy celebrating the new membership (yes, I know this is weird). I won't work out tomorrow as I will be sitting in a salon chair getting my roots touched up. I won't work out on Thursday as I will be preparing for a lovely birthday dinner.

That leaves today, Friday, and Saturday for the workouts. I plan to check out the gym tonight.

No comments: