Thursday, February 07, 2008

Stop Aging and Start Living

My mom and dad have been in town (just left today) and my mother brought this book with her. I glanced through it (Stop Aging, Start Living) and there was this one part that really stood out.
Basically, our bodies' ph levels are all way too acidic and that affects everything about our health (from skin to energy). She had a recipe for what she calls an "Alkanizing Cocktail" that looked interesting. My mom and I decided to commit to drinking it for two weeks.
Here goes nothing... I have re-named this drink "Green Sludge."
  • 3 tsp powdered greens (we're using the Greens+ brand)
  • 3 tsp powdered fiber (we're using Benefiber)
  • 1 tsp powdered spirulina
  • 8 ounces of water

Put it all in a little shaker, shake for 15 seconds, and drink.

Apparently, you get 10 servings of organic vegetables in one shot!

It is totally and completely disgusting, but I'm going to do this for two full weeks. They say that it is an acquired taste. I'm not sure it's one I really want to acquire, but if it will make my skin glow the way she says it will and if it will give me more energy and make me feel better, then it is worth a shot.

Last night, my mom, dad, and I each mixed up a little cocktail and chugged it. At least I didn't have to go it alone, eh?

And no, I have totally not been exercising. But I did load a workout playlist on my iPod!

  • Hips Don't Lie
  • Bad Boy for Life
  • Gimme More
  • Piece of Me
  • Cup of Life (La Copa de Vida)
  • Kryptonite
  • Crank Dat
  • Puke
  • Ayo Technology
  • There are more, but I cannot remember them off the top of my head...

Hopefully having the new playlist and the green sludge in my system will get me off my ass and out the door running...

More to come...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have been working on the treadmill lately and am trying to put together a 'workout' playlist, too. for some reason, 'baby got back' inspires me to push a little harder ;) hey, i wanna try that nasty shake.... where do you find powdered greens?!!

Mrs Pop said...

Go get the book. I'm going to buy myself a copy, too.

We got our greens at Vitamin World. Any health food store will have it and the spirulina, though.

Grocery stores carry Benefiber...