Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Dear Ab Jam:

I. Hate. You.

I've been having trouble with cardio since I got the flu. This happened last winter too. I went to the doctor (last winter) and she said I have asthma and gave me medicine. I took it, the problem cleared up and I stopped taking it. Yes, I know that's not what you're supposed to do. However, I've been doing cardio since then and haven't had a problem until I got sick again last week. Now I can't jump around for more than 15 minutes without having a coughing fit.

So I did 15 minutes of my good ol' CardioJam. Then I did the Ab Jam and thankfully, no coughing. Just pain. I'm good usually until about the third "walk your hands up and snake back". Then I'm ok until the "sit up and lean back, lift your legs and pulse right, center, left etc". Those things kill me. But! I can do them all. So that's good.

So...do you guys recommend getting the 2nd or 3rd sets of TJ? I'm weighing it still. I still think I should make myself do more of this stuff before I buy more. I just get bored with the same old routines...maybe I'll pull out the old Windsor Pilates DVDs.

Suggestions? Advice? Motivation to get my big ass moving?

3 comments:

Mrs Pop said...

You and I hate the same parts of Ab Jam. I can't even make it to the snake.

So, Maximum Results has it's good points, the best being the change in routine. That's why I bought it... I was getting bored.

Cardio Party Mix 3 sucks ass. She goes much faster and talks to you like you know what the hell she is doing and I don't. So I still like Mix 1.

Fat Blaster is awesome! It's 30 minutes with 4 turbos.

3T is good, and as far as strength training goes, it ties with Turbo Sculpt. Again, it's nice to have the variety.

For Cardio, I put it like this:
Fat Blaster
Mix 1
Punch, Kick, Jam
20 minute workout
.
.
.
.
.
Mix 3

And I LOVE Ab Jam.

I don't know what to tell you, though. I like the variety myself.

emily said...

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll try to find the Fat Blaster on e-Bay.

Syed Asif Ali said...

Great post! yesterday i found another great video post about body building. Here is the link
ab exercises