Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Eating Out.

Another day, another gripe. We met The Man for lunch today at a local restaurant called Wingers. They do all kinds of chicken and burgers, their specialty being wings. Eating out kills me because I love to go out and I never follow the rules. I don't ask them to half my portion, I eat bread, sometimes I even go for dessert. I did ok though today, I think. I got a turkey blt sandwich. I know bacon isn't great and neither is the mayo, but it's waaaay better than a fried chicken sandwich or even the salad with chicken on top. But even though I made a (fairly) good choice, I feel horrible about it. I tend to get to the point when I'm dieting when I feel bad about eating at all. Which is sort of not a good place to be... Did I mention I ate fries too. I did.

Anyhow, I worked out tonight. I did the 20 Minute Cardio and the whole Turbo Sculpt. I've been using 5 lb weights. What are you using? Am I chumping out here? I don't think I can pull off 10, maybe could try 6 or 7 lbs.

Even though I exercised for more than an hour, I still feel crappy because of the big lunch. I should've done the Ab Jam too. Something tells me I won't be thinking that in the morning though.

1 comment:

Mrs Pop said...

Stop beating yourself up about the food thing. Did you enjoy it? Food is supposed to be enjoyed whether in small or large amounts. If you eat with guilt, then what is the point? ;-)

I used the 5 pound weights for turbo sculpt for about two months before I moved up to the 7 pounds... And then quickly moved back down.

As a side note, the weighted gloves aren't that heavy... Maybe a pound each or so. But when you're punching and raising your hands in the air repeatedly, well, it adds a lot of resistance. I've put mine away for the time being.